Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Happy birthday, Dad




Little Things

Little drops of water,
Little grains of sand,
Make the mighty ocean
And the pleasant land.

Thus the little minutes;
Humble though they be,
Make the mighty ages
Of eternity.

-Julia Fletcher Carney

Surely just as the writer of the Psalms could say that "children are a gift of the Lord," we can also return and say, "Parents are a gift of the Lord." I am especially thankful for my parents today as my dad celebrates his 61st birthday. I don't take one of those years for granted, as each one is full of "little minutes" that have shaped and blessed my life, my husband's life, and our son's life in a myriad of ways--known or unknown. Thank you, Lord, for my parents...

Happy birthday, Dad, and we love you very much!

-Rachel, Mason, Charlie, and Bethan

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Seeing your uncle Tom yesterday reminded me of your dad! Made me miss him. And of course, I miss my Charlie-man. Keep the post coming... :)

    ReplyDelete