Tuesday, August 17, 2010


hope
definition: noun
1. the feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best.

I am rejoicing today (as well as many days recently) in hope. Though my son is healthy, my husband is working his stable 8-5 job, and our daughter is preparing for her big entrance into this world, none of these things are the basis of my hope. My son won't always be healthy, my husband may lose his job, our daughter could be born with deformities, etc. No, no-I cannot hope in such fragile things. My hope is in my Lord. He promised me that "the path of the righteous is like the first light of dawn, that shines brighter and brighter until the full day." Proverbs 4:18 He even calls Himself "the God of hope"! What hope for the religious fanatic who has to blow himself up in order to ensure a place in heaven? None. But for me? "God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him would not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16 Truly, "Christ Jesus...is our hope." 1 Timothy 1:1

2 comments:

  1. "This is all my hope and peace,
    Nothing but the blood of Jesus;"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen--what a good song. Thank you for your comments! :)

    ReplyDelete