Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Strength of My Heart

Strength of my heart, I need not fail--
Not mine to fear but to obey;
With such a leader who could quail?
Thou art as Thou wert yesterday!
Strength of my heart, I rest in Thee;
Fulfill Thy purposes through me.

Hope of my heart, though suns burn low,
And fades the green from all the earth,
Thy quenchless hope would fervent glow,
From barren waste would spring to birth.
Hope of my heart, oh cause to be
Renewals of Thy hope in me!

Love of my heart, my streams run dry.
O Fountain of the heavenly hills,
Love, blesse'd Love, to Thee I cry,
Flood all my secret hidden rills.
Waters of love, oh pour through me;
I must have love--I must have Thee!

Lord, give me love; then I have all,
For love casts out tormenting fear;
And love sounds forth a trumpet call
To valiant hope; and sweet and clear
The birds of joy sing in my tree,
Love of my heart, when I have Thee.

-Amy Carmichael

No comments:

Post a Comment